WEBSITES RELATED TO SELECTIVE MUTISM
BOOKS RELATED TO SELECTIVE MUTISM
Treatment for Children with Selective Mutism: An Integrative Behavioral Approach, by R. Lindsey Bergman, Ph.D.
- Click to read a review by Carmen Lynas, Ph.D.
Helping Your Child With Selective Mutism, by McHolm et al.
Suffering in Silence: Breaking Through Selective Mutism, by Donna Mac, LCPC
The Selective Mutism Resource Manual, by Maggie Johnson & Alison Wintgens
The Ideal Classroom Setting for the Selectively Mute Child, by Elisa Shipon-Blum, D.O.
Wilson & Lyons (2013). Anxious Kids, Anxious Parents: 7 Ways to Stop the Worry Cycle and Raise Courageous and Independent Children, by Reid Wilson, Ph.D. and Lynn Lyons, LICSW
Helping Children with Selective Mutism and Their Parents: A Guide for School-Based Profressionals, by Christopher A. Kearney, Ph.D.
Nurturing the Shy Child: Practical Help for Raising Confident and Socially Skilled Kids and Teens, by Barbara Markway, Ph.D. & Gregory Markway, Ph.D.
ARTICLES RELATED TO SM
A Personal Journey in Understanding and Learning to Support Young Children Experiencing Selective Mutism, by Olga Silva-Zletz, Ph.D.
FEATURED SELECTIVE MUTISM LINKS
- *Child Mind Institute of NY
- *Hear Our Voices, Young Adults Who Have Overcome SM, Child Mind Institute of NY
- *School Advocacy for Your Child with Selective Mutism, Presentation by Child Mind Institute's Susan Schwartz
- *Selective Mutism Anxiety Research and Treatment Center
- *Selective Mutism Group
- *Summer Plans for Children with SM, Presentation by Dr. Steven Kurtz, Child Mind Institute of NY
- *The Role of Medication in the Treatment of Selective Mutism, Presentation by Dr. Boorady, Child Mind Institute of NY
- *Video of Selective Mutism, ABC News
- *Books about Selective Mutism for Children and Adults
- *Free Selective Mutism e-Learning Website
The Sensory Child Gets Organized: Proven Systems for Rigid, Anxious, or Distracted Kids, by Carolyn Dalgleish
Parenting the Strong-Willed Child: The Clinically Proven Five-Week Program for Parents of Two- to Six-Year-Olds, by Rex Forehand, Ph.D. & Nicholas Long, Ph.D.
The Out-of-Sync Child: Recognizing and Coping with Sensory Processing Disorder, by Carol Stock Kranowitz, M.A. & Lucy Jane Miller, Ph.D.