Level 1: Come Play Therapy Group
Of all the groups at ATS, Come Play is intended to be the "easiest" one. It is meant to serve as the introduction to groups at ATS. Once your child can verbally interact in Come Play, you will know they are eligible for other group opportunities offered at ATS. Therefore, this group is appropriate for children who are just starting out on their group experiences at ATS.
The prerequisites are as follows:
- Able to separate from parent after a 10-min warm-up.
- Able to verbalize directly with their Primary Therapist.
- Able to respond to a new person (Group Therapist) after warm-up with parent.
- Able to respond to Therapist in the presence of a peer.
- Able to engage in parallel play with peers.
- Has completed peer sessions at ATS within the last 3 months (1:1 Child to Therapist ratio).
If you are not sure if your child meets these prerequisites, talk it over with your child's therapist. If it has been over three months since your child has been in treatment at ATS, then a refresher session may be necessary to reacquaint your child.
If it has been over 6 months since your child has been in treatment at ATS, or your child has never received treatment at ATS, and you think this group is ideal for your child's needs, please contact ATS at 630-230-6505 extension 1 to set up an intake evaluation or click here to request an appointment.